The Shetland Open will take place this year at Bonhoga Gallery from Saturday 28th April to Sunday 10th June, with a public opening on 27th April from 5.30-7.30pm.
Entries are welcome from amateur, professional and student artists, aged 18 and over, who are linked to Shetland by birth, education or residency.
This year’s theme is Landscape.
The Shetland Open takes place every two years, with an exhibition of the work by the prize winners in the intervening year. Entries are welcome from amateur, professional and student artists and craft-makers aged 18 and over, who are linked to Shetland by birth, education or residency.
Awards will be made in the following categories:
● Painting, drawing & sculpture
● First Time Exhibitor - any medium
● Photography, print and new media (includes film)
Each sponsored £100 award will be matched by a further £100 from Shetland Arts to fund a group exhibition at Bonhoga in 2013.
Conditions of Entry:
● Work should reflect the landscape theme, either conventionally or unconventionally;
● It is a non-selected show where all work will be hung unless offensive or inappropriate to the theme. Work should not have been exhibited previously in Shetland;
● All wall-based work, except sculpture/hangings must be framed. The moulding of the frame must be wider than 10mm to allow for gallery fixings. Clip frames are not allowed;
● The size of work is limited to 1mx1m, framed. Craft is defined as creative work, conceived, designed and made by an individual. Size is restricted to 1m along the longest edge of a 3D item/object. Clothing or items made from craft kits are not acceptable;
● Work must be for sale. The price will be subject to a gallery commission of 35%+ VAT on the commission;
● Only one entry will be accepted per person. It must be clearly labelled with name, title and medium. Each entrant must complete a submission form with the price the artist wishes to receive for the work if sold. The gallery will add commission and VAT to this. Work to be submitted to Bonhoga or Shetland Arts’ Toll Clock office;
● Unsold work must be collected Shetland Arts’ Toll Clock office within 14 days from the 18th June, or by arrangement. Uncollected work may be disposed of;
Closing date for entries is 5pm, Friday 6th April 2012.
For further information contact Bonhoga Gallery
tel: (01595) 745750
Related Community Profiles