News for 2013
Iceland - Sept 2013
I have been invited to participate in the Gruntvig programme BOTH (Beauty of Textile Heritage) a collaboration between makers from Scotland, Slovakia and Iceland.
Botanical Society of Scotland.
I have been invited by the Botanical Society of Scotland, to give a talk about my work at their AGM in September 2013. Venue - Lecture Theatre at the Royal Botanical Gardens Edinburgh.
Horse and Bamboo theater are delighted to announce after a very successful 2012 tour, that they have received funding from Creative Scotland to tour for a second time,their production 'Angus' Weaver of Grass, in 2013. My grass garments feature in the show.
Special Projects & commissions - invited 2013
1. Japanese Fashion designer, Kyoko Ide has commissioned new work for their two studio shops in Tokyo - Fashion label Aeca. This includes handmade papers and books from my range inspired by Robert Dick the baker & botanist of Thurso and also many string animals.
2. Strathnaver Museum have commissioned a portable museum.
3. Joyce Laing has commissioned more replicas of Angus MacPhee's grass garments to be exhibited in Perth Museum later this year.
4. Whitworth Art Gallery and Manchester Museum -the results of our community collaboration will be on display from February 2013 indoors and out at both venues! Grass 'weaving' techniques ones used by Angus weaver of grass, inspired by the herbarium collection at Manchester Museum.
Artist Residencies - launch of new work 2013
'Portable Museum of Curiosity' inspired by Robert Dick, baker & botanist of Thurso 1811-1866 is now available for schools, groups, heritage centres, museums etc, to borrow. This is the result of my artist residency for Caithness Horizons Museum, Thurso 'Iconic Artists in Iconic Places' funded by Museums Galleries Scotland, and Creative Scotland.
Newton & Stewart will be at the Spring Fling 25th -27th May 2013 - along with their friends! This is is part of my artist residency for Wigtown Book Festival and Spring Fling.
Newton & Stewart were on the STV News in January.
Invited & Juried Exhibitions 2013
1. Art & Soul of Paper - Norwich
2. Basketry and Beyond, Devon
3. My replica grass garments will be on display at Perth Museum alongside the original Angus MacPhee garments - curated by Joyce Laing.
Year Established: 1993
Please note: Comments that appear on the site are not the opinion of Craft Scotland, but of the comment writer.
If a comment made does not comply with our Terms and Conditions, please use the ‘report’ button to let us know.
About Craft Profiles
Craft profiles are maintained directly by craft people, places and organisations. Craft Scotland are not responsible for incorrect details, and have no contact details other than those provided.
If a profile does not comply with our Terms and Conditions, please email email@example.com to let us know.