Share your unique craft destination with the world through our new Craft Directory. Become part of our community today!
The Craft Directory enables audiences to search and connect with destinations who promote craft within Scotland. We want audiences to appreciate craft both in creation and its finished form and Craft Places should provide visitors with the opportunity to get involved. Places include independent retailers, galleries and museums with a craft focus, as well as open studios and collectives.
The new craft Places profiles will be visually striking with detailed information and improved search functionality. Your profile will allow you to share your craft business with an engaged and growing audience as well as connect with talented makers throughout Scotland. The new functionality means that your profile is prominently tied into the rest of the website including the Journal, What’s On and the Craft Scotland project pages.
You can apply quickly and easily online to the Craft Directory using our online form. You will be asked to provide details of your business and credentials to support your application.
- A visually enhanced profile on the Craft Directory on www.craftscotland.org, a website that gets over 30,000+ hits per month.
- An extensive Craft Scotland marketing and PR campaign
- The ability to tap into our social media network that has collective audience of 35,000+
- Downloadable directory badge for your own website/social media to highlight you are part of this quality Scottish craft community
- Places should be professional businesses who operate in Scotland and are promoting craft
- Places should be endorsing at least one of the accepted disciplines within their annual calendar
- Places should fall into at least one of the Places Categories
If you feel your craft business does not fit into one of these specific categories please contact Craft Scotland via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44 (0)131 466 3870 and we can discuss your suitability.
- Places should promote contemporary, design-led Scottish craft and showcase a degree of innovation
- Craft Places should provide visitors with a quality craft experience
- Where applicable, Craft Places should engage with professional craft makers
Place Application Statuses
The Craft Scotland team will initially assess all applications. If you meet all of the Craft Places and Quality Criteria and your online form supports your application you will be marked as eligible. You will then be sent your annual payment link. If there is any minor feedback the Craft Scotland team will contact you directly. After payment your profile will go live and you are then prompted to add more images and information.
If you cannot meet the majority of the criteria, your application will unfortunately not be eligible to move forward. Craft Scotland is committed to supporting the craft sector and we can support you in growing your business through our What’s On listings and Resources pages.