Spend four days of concentrated mould making and casting at Gray's School of Art.
15 Jul - 18 Jul 2019
Organised by:Rebecca Westguard www.rgu.ac.uk/study/courses/425-ceramics-school-option-2-casting-techniques-4-day-foundation-intermediate-extra
Location:Gray's School of Art, the Robert Gordon University
Ever wanted to make moulds for reproduction of multiples? This will provide an excellent opportunity to practice model & mould making in plaster, while also covering slipcasting and press moulding techniques.
Students can realise finer more complex forms in replica and investiagte a range of glazing varraitons on muiltiple versons of the same cast.
Essential skills will be covered:
• Basic techniques and mould making in plaster and clay.
• An introduction to mixing and pouring plaster.
• Mould Making 'drop out' and simple piece moulds
• Making a stamp/sprig-mould/scratch block.
• Slipcasting in porcelain and earthenware
• Making a simple two or three-part mould from a found object.
Event listings: Many craft events are uploaded by craft people, places, and organisations. Craft Scotland does not run the events and is not responsible for incorrect details.