Craft Scotland is delighted to offer free maker profiles on our Craft Directory for the next 8 months if you apply during August.
Following on from our COVID-19 Impact Surveys, Open Forum and other feedback from the sector, Craft Scotland understands the significant economic impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) on makers’ incomes. Your feedback also showed an increased need for online promotion and support with reaching digital audiences.
In response, Craft Scotland is delighted to offer free maker profiles on our Craft Directory for the next 8 months if you apply during August.
One of our aims is to promote the best in contemporary Scottish craft from makers and craft destinations to national and international audiences. Our Craft Directory has always been a key part of this strategy, and your maker profile will allow you to showcase your practice to an engaged and growing audience.
We are keen to promote even more makers across Scotland and showcase the breadth of contemporary craft that is happening today. Craft Scotland especially encourages applications from Black, Asian, Mixed Heritage and People of Colour, refugee, D/deaf, disabled, working class and LGBTQIA+ makers. If you would like support with your application, please email the team at email@example.com we would be happy to help.
Normally £49, if you apply during the month of August you will have a free profile for the duration of this offer (ends 31 March 2021).
We are thrilled to extend this offer to those renewing/reactivating their profile, and those whose applications are currently being processed.
Being part of the Craft Directory offers many benefits:
- Join a vibrant community of makers and craft venues creating work in Scotland
- Access a new online audience of curators, buyers, academics
- Increased online visibility with visually enhanced portfolio featuring your work, story and events on our website which receives 10,000+ hits per month
- Each month, we select Craft Directory makers on a different theme to be featured on the Craft Directory landing page, email newsletter and social media. We also select one maker to be featured on our website’s homepage per month
"I wanted to join the Craft Directory so that I could belong to a well regarded resource and be accessible to an audience seeking Scottish crafts. Being part of the Craft Directory gives me recognition as respected maker. As a result of being on the directory I received a commission to make lamps for a well known boutique hotel in London." - Viv Lee, ceramic artist
"The comprehensive directory from the prestigious Craft Scotland organisation validates and promotes us as quality Scottish makers across all craftwork disciplines." - Daniel Lacey, furniture maker
"Through the directory my work came to the attention of curator Jean Blanchaert who selected a piece to be included in the inaugural Homo Faber held in Venice 2019. I was thrilled to be a part of the Best of Europe exhibition alongside an outstanding selection of makers. This opportunity has now developed into inclusion in the Homo Faber guide which is due to launch on 17 September 2020." - Frances Priest, ceramic artist
How does it work?
- Apply for a maker’s profile through our website, please make sure you have read the eligibility criteria
- If selected, your offer will start on the day your profile is approved and activated on our website
- You can then log in and update your profile at any time after its activation up until 31 March 2021, when your profile would be due for renewal
- Please note, if you chose to renew your profile after 31 March 2021, a renewal cost (currently £49) will apply
- We will have two Selection Panel deadlines to allow us to process applications in a timely manner: Monday 14 August and Monday 31 August
- 3 members of the Craft Scotland team sit on the Selection Panel and you will receive a decision within two weeks
You can find detailed information about the selection and appeal process on our website.
Renewals & Reactivating your profile:
If you previously had a profile on the new Craft Directory (launched September 2017), you are also eligible for this offer. If you would like to renew (or reactivate) and get 8 months free, please get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional maker, living and working in Scotland
- Makers must be working in one or more of Craft Scotland’s eligible disciplines
- All work must be the design of the maker and made by the maker (or small-batch production under their direct supervision)
- All work must reflect excellence and the unique vision of its maker, be well-conceived and skilfully made
Your work should:
- Be technically excellent
- Show the uniqueness of the idea
- Show good design
- Show individuality
- Show a degree of innovation
- Embody a mastery of materials
- Show the development of work
If you have any questions about this promotional offer or the Craft Directory, email Mayanne Soret, Communications & Digital Coordinator: email@example.com.