Page updated on Monday 6 Nov 2023
Your privacy is important to Craft Scotland. Here you can understand how we collect, use and share information about you.
When we refer to "Craft Scotland," "we," or "us" in this policy, by this we mean Craft Scotland and Craft Scotland is the data controller of the information we gather when you use our Services. Craft Scotland runs an events and exhibitions programme and www.craftscotland.org. We refer to all of these services and products, websites as "Services" in this policy.
This website is operated by Craft Scotland. Craft Scotland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland no. SC 270245. Craft Scotland is a registered Scottish Charity no. SC 039491. Our registered address is 15 Coburg Street, Leith, Edinburgh, EH6 6ET. We can be contacted on +44 (0)131 466 3870, and by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you supply any personal information to www.craftscotland.org (e.g. to subscribe to receive marketing newsletters) we have legal obligations towards you in the way we use your data. We must collect the information fairly and lawfully: we must explain how we will use it (see the notices on the specific webpages that let you know why we are requesting the information).
The laws of Scotland govern these conditions of use and you agree that the Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute. Any personal data collected through this website will be treated as confidential in line with GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation), agreed upon by the European Parliament and Council in April 2016 (enforced from Friday 25 May 2018) regulating how companies protect EU citizens' personal data.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. Any information you provide to Craft Scotland will only be used by the Craft Scotland team, select suppliers, Board, funders and partners in order to provide our Services. Your information will be disclosed where we are obliged or permitted by law. We (or our contractors) may check some of this personal data against third party databases to confirm that it is accurate.
What information do we collect about you
We collect certain information or data about you when you use www.craftscotland.org and/or provide us directly with information, including:
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through the Services.
- Craft Directory or Craft Scotland Opportunity Applications: we collect information about you when you apply for a profile on the Craft Directory or a Craft Scotland Opportunity Application form. This information is used to select participants.
- Craft Marketplace: We collect information about you in order to fulfil our contractual obligation to send you goods after you have ordered and paid for them, and to protect against fraud. Please note that we do not hold onto any financial transactions data (i.e. debit/credit card information).
- User-generated content: this includes any information provided by yourself to list events on What’s On, Opportunities, Organisations to Know, Craft Directory profiles for both Makers and Places, and any associated contact information
- Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser and device you used
- Information on how you use the site, using cookies and page tagging techniques
- Questions, comments, queries or feedback you leave, including your email address if you contact www.craftscotland.org
- Your email address, full name and subscription preferences when you sign up for our email newsletters, and how you use our email newsletters - for example, whether you open them and which links you click on
Who can view my data and what do they do with it?
This data can be viewed by authorised people in the Craft Scotland team and our suppliers, to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback to improve our services, for example, our email alerts
- Respond to any feedback you send us if you’ve asked us to
- Send email alerts to users who request them
- Allow you to access Craft Scotland services and make transactions
- Provide you with information about the craft sector
How will we use the information about you?
Information gathered from the website submission form for the Craft Directory, What’s On, Submit area and Opportunities is used to process your application for inclusion on the Craft Scotland website.
Craft Scotland will need to contact you when we perform maintenance or make structural changes to the Craft Directory. Such contact will be minimal. You have the right to stop such contact by emailing email@example.com, however this may affect your profile entry in the event of technical website changes.
By registering a profile on the Craft Directory, the information you have chosen to be publicly visible will be displayed on the website and will be accessible to all visitors to the website.
If you have signed up for our marketing newsletters, we will use the details you provided to send you regular newsletters and updates via email. We will not share this information for marketing purposes with other companies.
Our marketing newsletters are used by us to send you regular updates on events, news, and features on Craft Scotland and the craft sector. If you have consented to receive these newsletters, you may opt-out at any time by clicking unsubscribe in the email footer.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to your information and correction
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. Please login to the website and update your profile as soon as they change. If you have profile but no login, please use the Forgot Password function.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy, please email email@example.com from the address registered to your profile/email subscription.
How long do we keep information
- Account information: We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our Services. We will delete your account after three years if you have not engaged with our Services.
- Marketing information: If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Request a log of the information we hold about you
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email address with Personal Information Request in the subject header.
Deleting your information
If you wish to delete your account/profile please contact email@example.com with Delete Website Account in the subject header.
How to contact us
Craft Scotland, Studio 6, Castle Mills, 2 Gilmore Park, Edinburgh EH3 9FN | firstname.lastname@example.org | +44 (0)131 357 3288