This Craft Scotland website is operated by Craft Scotland. Craft Scotland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland no. SC 270245. Craft Scotland is a registered Scottish Charity no. SC 039491.
Our registered address is Studio 6, Castle Mills, 2 Gilmore Park, Edinburgh EH3 9FN. We can be contacted on +44 (0)131 357 3288 and by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
These conditions of use for the use of this website are set out below, and should be read carefully before you use the site. We hope that you will revisit the website and we recommend that you check these terms and conditions every now and again as we may make some changes to them. Your continued use of the site confirms your acceptance of our conditions of use.
The contents of these pages, including all web design, text, graphics and their arrangement and selection along with the source code and software are copyright Craft Scotland and its agents, providers or affiliates. Please see the section on User Generated Material below for information on content provided by others.
However, reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited unless for personal use. None of the content of this website may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other design, logo, website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
2. User Generated Material
Craft Scotland invite content contributions for various sections of the website, including but not limited to, the Craft Directory, What’s On, Journal and Opportunities areas. These contributions may include text, photographs, graphics, video or audio.
If you submit content to Craft Scotland:
- You must allow us to use the material in your contribution in any way we may reasonably choose, on a free-of-charge basis, in any media throughout the world. This normally extends to the Craft Scotland websites and social networking sites, but may also include other offline and online activity.
- You agree that Craft Scotland may edit or delete the content you provide at any time at our sole discretion, although we have no obligation to review the information you provide.
- Craft Scotland reserve the right to remove any of your contributions if we believe that they do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- You understand that material submitted that does not fall within the Craft Scotland remit - namely exhibitions outside Scotland or events/news unrelated to craft - will not normally be published.
- Any copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any way including allowing others to use it.
- Please credit all designer/makers work and image credits where appropriate.
- Any content you add to the website will be factually accurate and/or be your genuinely held belief or opinion that is based on facts.
- Any content you add to the website will not be defamatory, obscene or offensive.
- Any content you add to the website will not infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person.
- You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
* We understand that third parties may submit details of events and news to the Craft Scotland website on behalf of people and places who hold the copyright. In these cases, all parties involved must grant Craft Scotland permission to use the contributions in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
If you do not want to grant Craft Scotland permission to use your contributions in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, please do not share with or submit them to the Craft Scotland website.
Users who submit material deemed as spam or content that does not fit our criteria will be deleted.
Comments made on pages and contributions to the forums must be respectful, civil and tasteful. You agree to use the comments and forums in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the website.
The following are examples (but not an exhaustive list) of behaviour/action which is prohibited on any parts of the Craft Scotland website, including in comments or on the user forums:
- anything abusive or threatening
- material which is sexist, racist, homophobic, obscene or likely to harass or cause distress or be disruptive
- swear words or other language likely to offend
- multiple posting
Craft Scotland normally employ reactive moderation on comments and forums, which means that comments are usually only checked if a complaint is made about them. If you see a comment that you think may break one of the rules listed above or is otherwise unsuitable, please use the ‘report' link beside the comment to alert a moderator.
4. Requests to remove content
You can ask for content to be removed from www.craftscotland.org at our discretion. Contact us to ask for content to be removed. Please send us the web address (URL) of the content and with a brief explanation of why you think it should be removed. We’ll reply to let you know whether it is suitable for us to remove the content.
You can still request information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act.
5. Linking to Craft Scotland
We encourage you to link to any of our web pages, providing you do so responsibly. This means that:
- If we ask you to remove or change a link to our websites, you do so as soon as possible.
- The website you are linking from must not contain offensive, obscene or defamatory material, and must not infringe anyone’s copyright, trademarks or other similar rights.
- If anyone clicks on the link you provide to our websites, it must open our website in a new page and not within a frame on your website.
- You should include the words ‘Craft Scotland’ in your link anchor text.
- You must not remove any of our (or our licensors’) copyright or other proprietary notices from any material on our website.
6. Craft Scotland logo
We really appreciate participants in on our annual programme of events and exhibitions, and those with a Craft Directory profile who want to promote their involvement with our organisation through using the Craft Scotland logo (or any Craft Scotland family branding) and/or linking to our website. Please note that Craft Scotland is not technically a membership organisation and we request that participants refrain from referring to themselves as members.
Makers and organisations may use the Craft Scotland logo (or Craft Scotland family branding) on their own website if they have been a participant in our programme provided that:
(a) It is a single instance of the Craft Scotland logo used as a link to our website www.craftscotland.org
(b) It is in the context of a factual correct reference to your involvement with the Craft Scotland Directory and the logo does not imply Craft Scotland's endorsement of any website or online service
(c) You notify email@example.com including the full web address of the page(s) where our logo is used
(d) Where requested by Craft Scotland, you immediately remove such logo from your website.
7. Feedback and complaints
We hope you enjoy using our website and find it useful. We will try to answer any additional questions you may have. We also welcome your feedback on our website, both positive and negative. You can contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given on our contacts page. If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service, please mark it “Complaint”. We will aim to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days and to respond to it within 14 working days.
8. Applying for a Craft Scotland opportunity
These terms and conditions apply to application fees associated with applying for a Craft Scotland opportunity. By submitting and paying for an application submission, you confirm you have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
To apply for a Craft Scotland opportunity, you must have a basic user account.
By submitting an application for a Craft Scotland opportunity you are confirming you have read and understood the Craft Scotland eligibility and selection criteria for that opportunity, available on the opportunity listing.
- Fees and Associated Costs:
When applying for a Craft Scotland opportunity there may be an application fee associated. This will be clearly displayed on the opportunity listing. Once you have completed and submitted your application form you will be taken to our payment gateway.
Non-payment or an unsuccessful payment of an opportunity application fee will mean that your application will not be considered. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any issues with your application.
All opportunity application fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
If your payment is unsuccessful, we will contact you as soon as possible and you may need to resubmit your application. If the payment is still outstanding at the closing date of the opportunity your application will not be considered.
Please note there may be subsequent participation fees if your application submission is successful. Please check the relevant opportunity listing for more information. In the event that the opportunity is cancelled, you may be eligible for a full or partial refund of your participation fee. Please see your Craft Scotland opportunity contract for more information.
- Craft Directory Profile Discount:
At the time of application, makers with a live Craft Directory profile are eligible for a 15% discount on Craft Scotland Opportunity application fees. please read the application process and maker criteria carefully before applying for a Craft Directory profile.
This discount is only available to makers' whose Craft Directory profile application is successful and paid their £49 fee prior to submitting the relevant opportunity application. Please note reviewing Craft Directory profile submissions can take up to ten working days. Shortlisted or appealed submissions have to be reviewed by the advisory panel. A decision on these submissions can take up to five weeks and in this case, Craft Scotland opportunity applicants will not receive the 15% discount.
We endeavour to process all submissions to the Craft Directory within ten days of application, however, we cannot guarantee that your Craft Directory application will be reviewed before a Craft Scotland Opportunity application deadline. We cannot offer this discount retrospectively i.e. if you join the Craft Directory after you have submitted a Craft Scotland Opportunity application you are not eligible for a refund of 15% of the application fee.
Craft Scotland reserve the right to introduce all alter discounts and make price changes without prior notification. Only one discount per Craft Scotland Opportunity application.
While we encourage makers to consider applying for a profile on the Craft Directory, please note this is not a criteria of application for a Craft Scotland opportunity.
The promoter of competitions held at Craft Scotland events on Craft Scotland’s digital channels is Craft Scotland.
Unless otherwise stated, competitions are open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 16 years or over except to employees of Craft Scotland and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition. By entering a competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and competitions. Route to entry for competitions can be found in the competition details. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
As promoter, Craft Scotland reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter. Craft Scotland is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied by any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
Prizes are as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. Prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice. If the winner of a competition cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement. Craft Scotland will notify the winner when the where the prize collected/is delivered. Craft Scotland’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. Any competition will be governed by Scottish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
Any winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity materials, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
Copyright © Craft Scotland. All Rights Reserved.