This Craft Scotland website is operated by Craft Scotland. Craft Scotland is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland no. SC 270245. Craft Scotland is a registered Scottish Charity no. SC 039491.
Our registered address is 15 Coburg Street, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 6ET. We can be contacted on +44 (0)131 466 3870, and by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
These conditions of use for the use of this website are set out below, and should be read carefully before you use the site. We hope that you will revisit the website and we recommend that you check these terms and conditions every now and again as we may make some changes to them. Your continued use of the site confirms your acceptance of our conditions of use.
The contents of these pages, including all web design, text, graphics and their arrangement and selection along with the source code and software are copyright Craft Scotland and its agents, providers or affiliates. Please see the section on User Generated Material below for information on content provided by others.
However, reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited unless for personal use. None of the content of this website may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in any other design, logo, website, electronic retrieval system, publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy, electronic or other).
User Generated Material
Craft Scotland invite content contributions for various sections of the website, including but not limited to, the Craft Directory, What’s On, Journal and Opportunities areas. These contributions may include text, photographs, graphics, video or audio.
If you submit content to Craft Scotland:
- You must allow us to use the material in your contribution in any way we may reasonably choose, on a free-of-charge basis, in any media throughout the world. This normally extends to the Craft Scotland websites and social networking sites, but may also include other offline and online activity.
- You agree that Craft Scotland may edit or delete the content you provide at any time at our sole discretion, although we have no obligation to review the information you provide.
- Craft Scotland reserve the right to remove any of your contributions if we believe that they do not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- You understand that material submitted that does not fall within the Craft Scotland remit - namely exhibitions outside Scotland or events/news unrelated to craft - will not normally be published.
- Any copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material you contribute in any way including allowing others to use it.
- Please credit all designer/makers work and image credits where appropriately.
- Any content you add to the website will be factually accurate and/or be your genuinely held belief or opinion that is based on facts.
- Any content you add to the website will not be defamatory, obscene or offensive.
- Any content you add to the website will not infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person.
- You also confirm that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
* We understand that third parties may submit details of events and news to the Craft Scotland website on behalf of people and places who hold the copyright. In these cases, all parties involved must grant Craft Scotland permission to use the contributions in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
If you do not want to grant Craft Scotland permission to use your contributions in accordance with our Terms and Conditions, please do not share with or submit them to the Craft Scotland website.
Users who submit material deemed as spam or content that does not fit our criteria will be deleted.
Comments made on pages and contributions to the forums must be respectful, civil and tasteful. You agree to use the comments and forums in a way that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of the website.
The following are examples (but not an exhaustive list) of behaviour/action which is prohibited on any parts of the Craft Scotland website, including in comments or on the user forums:
- anything abusive or threatening
- material which is sexist, racist, homophobic, obscene or likely to harass or cause distress or be disruptive
- swear words or other language likely to offend
- multiple posting
Craft Scotland normally employ reactive moderation on comments and forums, which means that comments are usually only checked if a complaint is made about them. If you see a comment that you think may break one of the rules listed above or is otherwise unsuitable, please use the ‘report' link beside the comment to alert a moderator.
Requests to remove content
You can ask for content to be removed from www.craftscotland.org at our discretion. Contact us to ask for content to be removed. Please send us the web address (URL) of the content and with a brief explanation of why you think it should be removed. We’ll reply to let you know whether it is suitable for us to remove the content.
You can still request information under the Freedom of Information Act and the Data Protection Act.
Linking to Craft Scotland
We encourage you to link to any of our web pages, providing you do so responsibly. This means that:
- If we ask you to remove or change a link to our websites, you do so as soon as possible.
- The website you are linking from must not contain offensive, obscene or defamatory material, and must not infringe anyone’s copyright, trademarks or other similar rights.
- If anyone clicks on the link you provide to our websites, it must open our website in a new page and not within a frame on your website.
- You should include the words ‘Craft Scotland’ in your link anchor text.
- You must not remove any of our (or our licensors’) copyright or other proprietary notices from any material on our website.
Craft Scotland logo
We really appreciate participants in on our annual programme of events and exhibitions, and those with a Craft Directory profile who want to promote their involvement with our organisation through using the Craft Scotland logo (or any Craft Scotland family branding) and/or linking to our website. Please note that Craft Scotland is not technically a membership organisation and we request that participants refrain from referring to themselves as members.
Makers and organisations may use the Craft Scotland logo (or Craft Scotland family branding) on their own website if they have been a participant in our programme provided that:
(a) It is a single instance of the Craft Scotland logo used as a link to our website www.craftscotland.org
(b) It is in the context of a factual correct reference to your involvement with the Craft Scotland Directory and the logo does not imply Craft Scotland's endorsement of any website or online service
(c) You notify email@example.com including the full web address of the page(s) where our logo is used
(d) Where requested by Craft Scotland, you immediately remove such logo from your website.
Feedback and complaints
We hope you enjoy using our website and find it useful. We will try to answer any additional questions you may have. We also welcome your feedback on our website, both positive and negative. You can contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the address given on our contacts page. If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service, please mark it “Complaint”. We will aim to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 5 working days and to respond to it within 14 working days.
Applying for a Craft Scotland opportunity
These terms and conditions apply to application fees associated with applying for a Craft Scotland opportunity. By submitting and paying for an application submission, you confirm you have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
To apply for a Craft Scotland opportunity, you must have a basic user account.
By submitting an application for a Craft Scotland opportunity you are confirming you have read and understood the Craft Scotland eligibility and selection criteria for that opportunity, available on the opportunity listing.
Fees and Associated Costs:
When applying for a Craft Scotland opportunity there may be an application fee associated. This will be clearly displayed on the opportunity listing. Once you have completed and submitted your application form you will be taken to our payment gateway.
Non-payment or an unsuccessful payment of an opportunity application fee will mean that your application will not be considered. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com if you have any issues with your application.
All opportunity application fees are non-refundable, non-transferable and non-exchangeable.
If your payment is unsuccessful, we will contact you as soon as possible and you may need to resubmit your application. If the payment is still outstanding at the closing date of the opportunity your application will not be considered.
Please note there may be subsequent participation fees if your application submission is successful. Please check the relevant opportunity listing for more information. In the event that the opportunity is cancelled, you may be eligible for a full or partial refund of your participation fee. Please see your Craft Scotland opportunity contract for more information.
Craft Directory Profile Discount:
While we encourage makers to consider applying for a profile on the Craft Scotland Maker Directory, please note this is not a criteria of application for a Craft Scotland opportunity.
Currently, applicants with a live Craft Directory profile at the time of application are eligible for a 15% discount on opportunity application fees. Craft Scotland reserve the right to introduce or alter discounts, price changes without prior notification. Only one discount per application.
Copyright © Craft Scotland. All Rights Reserved.