Join Craft Scotland this November for Craft Week Scotland, a celebration of Scottish contemporary craft.
Running from Monday 9 – Sunday 15 November 2020, Craft Week Scotland has been developed by Craft Scotland as a nationwide initiative to raise awareness of the vibrant craft sector and boost sales for both makers and craft destinations.
Makers, craft destinations, studios and craft organisations, you can get involved. We are looking to raise awareness of the breadth of craft talent and skill that Scotland has to offer.
You can list in person or digital events on our What's On page. See below for ideas of socially distanced or digital events you could host during Craft Week Scotland.
The sooner you list your activity, the sooner we can start promoting your exciting offering through our maketing and PR campaign. If you would like to chat through your idea, please contact the Craft Scotland team at email@example.com.
>>> To support you in the run up to Craft Week Scotland, sign up for our COMPASS: Market for Craft webinars about online selling, running socially distanced events/workshops and hear about selling from both makers and retailers' perspective.
1. Decide on your craft activity for Craft Week Scotland and list it on our What’s On section
Think about whether you want to showcase your handmade objects online or hold a physical (socially distanced) event/workshop.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- If you have a physical craft venue or pop-up space that people can attend socially distanced you could list your exhibitions, late-night shopping, collection launches, demos, workshops, events and talks etc.
- Makers, studios and production facilities, you might consider hosting a workshop, event, demo, talk, open studio if you can safely open up your workshop space
- Ideas for online craft activity could be teaming up with your studio mates for an Instagram or Facebook live, hosting a Zoom talk on a craft topic, launching a collection on Instagram/website or promoting your online markets
To be included in Craft Week Scotland campaign, your activity should meet our What’s On criteria and take place between Monday 9 – Sunday 15 November 2020. You can submit your free listing to our What’s On page.
Of course, if you have an event/exhibition happening outwith the campaign you can still list your Christmas activity on What's On and we can promote it through our normal channels.
Following on from our popular Craft Directory offer for makers, we are delighted to create a similar offer for Craft Destinations in Scotland.
Apply before Friday 30 October 2020 to receive a free profile until Wednesday 31 March 2021. Criteria applies for the Craft Directory.
3. I can’t host anything this year, can I still get involved?
Absolutely! Why not write or re-share a blog post about your practice or projects, or you could post a series of images, inspiration or works in progress on social media using the hashtag #CraftWeekScotland to join in with the campaign. You can also download the marketing pack when it's ready.
4. Participants Craft Week Scotland Marketing Pack
We will have a Marketing Pack available to download with branding and social media assets
We will have a limited number of Craft Week Scotland vinyl stickers to display on your venue's window/doors and flyers. Get in touch if you would like one.
5. Follow @craftscotland on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter
You can also get involved by sharing stories, works in progress, inspiration, images/videos and interviews online during the week using the hashtag #CraftWeekScotland.
Every day during Monday 9 – Sunday 15 November 2020 we will share, retweet & spread the word about Craft Week Scotland campaign. Tag us and use the hashtag #CraftWeekScotland to join the conversation
Get in touch
If you would like to discuss your plans for Craft Week Scotland, please get in touch with the Craft Scotland team at firstname.lastname@example.org.