The Jorum Craft Award (£500) provides funding to assist with development of a maker’s creative practice, including but not limited to research and development of a new piece of work, project or collection.
The Jorum Craft Award (£500) provides funding to assist with development of a maker’s creative practice, including but not limited to research and development of a new piece of work, project or collection. The Jorum Craft Award is supported by Jorum Studio, in association with Craft Scotland.
Jorum Studio is a Scottish perfumer established 2010 - creating perfumes conceived of the head, nurtured with heart, crafted by hand.
Learn more about Jorum Studio’s with our Craft Journal interview with founders Chloe and Euan.
£500 to assist with the development of your creative practice
- One applicant will be successful per round
- Complete a digital sketchbook (images, writing, drawing etc.) documenting the creative process over a 6-12 month period (activity to be agreed on selection)
- Provide feedback to Craft Scotland on how the award has helped you develop your creative practice (6-12 months after)
How to apply?
If you are interested in applying for the award, please fill in the application on our website by 5pm, Monday 10 August. Craft Scotland will be in touch to confirm whether you have been successful by the end of August 2020.
- Professional makers, living and working in Scotland
- Makers should be working in one or more of Craft Scotland’s eligible disciplines
- All work should be the design of the maker and made by the maker (or small-batch production under their direct supervision)
- All work must reflect excellence and the unique vision of its maker, be well-conceived and skilfully made
We are keen to support even more makers across Scotland and the breadth of contemporary craft that is happening today.
Craft Scotland especially encourages applications from Black, Asian, Mixed Heritage and People of Colour, refugee, D/deaf, disabled, working class and LGBTQIA+ makers. If you would like support with your application, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org we would be happy to help.