Fees and costs
Craft Scotland will pay a fee per workshop to the workshop leader to lead and deliver the programme of activity. This fee is for one day to include travel, preparation and delivery (freelance contract inclusive of VAT where relevant).
This fee is based on the Scottish Artists Union rate of pay* guidelines:
- New Graduate Artist: £178.00
- 3+ Years’ Experience: £230.70
- 5+ Years’ Experience: £285.00
The different rates of pay relate to how Scottish Artists Union defines qualifications/experience. They look to assess ‘years as a working maker’, evidenced by a C.V. that indicates the maker’s professional experience, history and/or unique attributes.
* 2019 rates, please note these rates may change for 2020
- There is an additional budget available to cover reasonable materials required to deliver the workshops. Materials should be discussed and agreed in advance with Craft Scotland.
- Craft Scotland will retain any and all income resulting from the sale of workshop tickets.
- Workshop leaders may also want to consider applying for a profile on the Craft Scotland Maker Directory. Listed makers benefit from a visually enhanced profile with makers statement and extensive portfolio on our website which receives 15,000+ hits per month. Maker profiles cost £49 annually, you can read the application criteria here. You do not have to have a profile on the Directory to apply to Craft Scotland open-call opportunities.
89 George Street