Help shape the Wyllieum.
Closing date: 7 Jun 2023
The George Wyllieum Foundation are seeking an experienced and dynamic person to take the lead and shape this nationally significant collection and new gallery and museum, The Wyllieum, opening soon in Ocean Terminal, Greenock.
The board of the George Wyllie Foundation seek a Director to help launch The Wyllieum, celebrating the work and creative imagination of George Wyllie.
• Location: The Wyllieum, Greenock, Inverclyde. Whilst some remote working might be possible, it is expected that the director will be on site for the majority of this contract.
• Salary: £42,000 per annum
• Contract: 12 months, fixed term (with the expectation of extension, funding dependent)
• Start date: we are in a position to contract as soon as possible
• Working with the trustees of the George Wyllie Foundation and the Wyllie family, create an art gallery which upholds and celebrates the philosophies, ideas, provocations and mischief in George’s work
• Lead on the development of the Wyllieum as it welcomes it’s first visitors, including managing a successful opening and launch
• Build a skilled, knowledgeable and motivated team
• Develop and implement the organisation’s strategy, in consultation with the board, team, stakeholders and local community
• Oversee the day to day operation of the Wyllieum
• Work with others to deliver a successful fundraising strategy
• Ensure robust, effective and democratic financial procedures are in place
• Keep up to date and work sensitively with other Inverclyde cultural stakeholders and collaborate on joint/partnership initiatives
• Report regularly against project targets to the board, funders and other stakeholders as appropriate
• To oversee the management of the gallery shop
• To work with onsite partners, Buzzworks (Scott’s Restaurant) and Peel Ports.
• Work with specialists to develop the Wyllieum’s online presence and PR/marketing strategies
• Devise and deliver an artistic programme of temporary exhibitions and events to complement the Wyllie collection and loans
• Bring in specialists to create an innovative, accessible and inclusive participation and creative learning programme, alongside a dynamic audience development strategy
• Ensure all internal and external monitoring, reporting and compliance requirements are met, as defined by the Board, the terms of funding and any investment partner agreements
• Act as Company Secretary
See recruitment pack on www.wyllieum.com for more details.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit https://www.wyllieum.com/
The deadline is Wednesday 07 June 2023 at 17:00.
These listings are uploaded by makers, places, organisations and the Craft Scotland team. In view of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Scotland, please check the organiser's website for the latest update on the opportunity. Craft Scotland is not responsible for incorrect details.
Opportunity provided by:George Wyllieum Foundation
Venue Location:The Wyllieum
Greenock Ocean Terminal
Custom House Way