The Market for Craft is a valuable tool for the sector. Join the Crafts Council in these conversations to shape and energise the future craft market.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2020
The Market for Craft, the biggest study of the marketplace for ten years, is a valuable tool to inform the debate about how the market can and will develop. A copy of the report can be found here.
The Crafts Council are hosting 5 conversations during July to help shape and energise the future craft market.
All events will be held between 12:00-13:00.
- Craft education and training providers (formal and informal) - 13 July 2020
- Fairs and market organisers - 14 July 2020
- Galleries (commercial and public) - 21 july 2020
- Makers - 27 July 2020
- Retailers - 28 July 2020
These conversations are designed to enable:
- Makers to develop their business
- Galleries, markets, fairs and other retailers to consider what can be done to rebuild and adapt post-pandemic
- Formal and informal education providers to build on the role of participation in craft consumption.
The report was commissioned by the Crafts Council and the following partners: Arts Council of Wales, Contemporary Visual Arts Network, Craft Northern Ireland, Craft Scotland, Creative Scotland, Creative United, The Goldsmiths’ Company, Great Northern Events/Great Northern Contemporary Craft Fair
Opportunities listings: many listings are uploaded by makers, places, organisations and the Craft Scotland team. Please note that due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some listings may have changed, been postponed or cancelled. Always check the organiser's website. Craft Scotland is not responsible for incorrect details.