Craft Scotland Event Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct is a statement of the standards of behaviour expected at events, workshops, meetings and conferences organised by Craft Scotland, whether online or in person.
This is extracted from Craft Scotland's Safeguarding Policy 2022, you can download the policy here: Craft Scotland Safeguarding Policy & Event Code of Conduct.
The Code applies to all programme participants and visitors at our events, including those at our office and external venues. We also expect programme participants and visitors to follow this Code at all event venues and event-related social activities.
Craft Scotland is dedicated to providing an event experience where everyone is treated with dignity and respect regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, class or religion.
We do not tolerate harassment at our events in any form.
Event visitors and programme participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event (without a refund) at the discretion of the event organizers.
Harassment, in general terms, is unwanted conduct that violates a person's dignity or creates an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that person.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination (related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, class, religion).
Verbal or written harassment through jokes, offensive language, gossip and defamatory references.
Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following of people.
Photography or recording that has the prohibited effect.
Sustained disruption of talks or other events.
Inappropriate physical contact.
Unwelcome sexual attention.
Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour.
Please note, that any sexual images, language or activities will have a trigger warning detailed within event descriptors, and within event signage. Gratuitous sexualized images, activities, or other material will not be tolerated. Programme participants should not create or enable a sexualized environment and advice should be taken from Craft Scotland before any content of a sexual nature is used in an event.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible.
Please email Irene Kernan, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Report – During the event
You can make a personal report at a Craft Scotland event by contacting a staff member, identified by STAFF badges and wristbands.
Programme participants or visitors engaging in any harassment will be asked to stop and will be expected to comply immediately. We retain the right to take any action to maintain an environment free from harassment and this may include asking any participant or visitor to leave the event (with no refund).
Event organisers may also take action to address anything designed to disrupt an event or make the environment hostile for any participant or visitor.
If an allegation of a breach of this Code involves an employee of Craft Scotland that person may be subject to our Disciplinary Procedure and suspension from work may be required in order to allow an investigation to be carried out. Allegations that are upheld may result in dismissal.
Any allegations involving a volunteer, member of staff from another organisation, participant or visitor at a Craft Scotland event may result in that person's involvement with Craft Scotland being terminated.
Depending on the nature of the concerns raised, a referral may be made to the police in line with our Safeguarding Policy.
Craft Scotland Online Sessions - Zoom Disclaimer
Craft Scotland do not accept responsibility for any person acting or refraining to act as a result of any information provided during through our webinars, panel talks or online events (hereby referred to as online sessions).
- These online sessions are not intended to be definitive information covering all aspects but as a commentary on the subject matter.
- The information provided in these online sessions will be compiled using every best endeavour of Craft Scotland and of those contributing to them.
- Those attending an online session must not rely wholly on the information given to decide on any specific course of action and must use their own judgement or seek appropriate professional, medical or legal advice where appropriate to respond to their specific circumstances.
- No liability, howsoever caused, for loss or damage of any kind resulting from information provided on www.craftscotland.org, Application Pack or Guidance Notes, Instagram Live or online sessions is attached to Craft Scotland, any of its staff or those individuals who contributed to www.craftscotland.org, Application Packs or Guidance Notes, Instagram Live or online sessions or its content in respect of any fault, error, negligence, or omission.
- Using Zoom or any other online meeting platform is done so at the user’s risk. Please ensure you have up-to-date antivirus software installed on your device.
- No liability, howsoever caused, for loss or damage of any kind resulting from accessing Zoom or any other online meeting platform/software is attached to Craft Scotland, any of its staff, or those individuals who contributed to the sessions.
Any questions, please contact email@example.com with Online Sessions Disclaimer in the subject line.