Step away from “the fast” and allow for time to be part of the ideas and design process.
29 Oct - 30 Oct 2021
- The studio located in atlantic woodlands
- 3D mixed media collage making
- All art materials are provided
Organised by:Pieter Van Der Werf www.orains.com
Tickets:Adult £220 Learn more
Tigh Na Ceardaich
Stepping away from “the fast” and allowing for time to be part of the ideas and design process offers the opportunity to make something truly personal - think of a collage, a natural dye, sculpture or textile art.
Focus on the creation of textiles, natural dyes and 3D objects during this 2-day workshop. You will look at different materials and focus on one or two simple processes. There will be time for experimentation.
You have the opportunity for a combination of the following art forms and enjoy making without distraction:
- textile creation including wet felting
- creating natural dyes and pigments with local botanicals (flora is diverse and abundant) & dyeing of natural fibers & painting with natural dye pigments
- 3 dimensional object making with fabrics, coppiced wood from Orains Studio's own woodlands, beach findings and more - you can bring your own materials if you'd like
These listings are uploaded by makers, places, organisations and the Craft Scotland team. In view of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Scotland, when booking for an in-person event, please always check the tier level of the event's location. Check the organiser's website for the latest update on the event. Craft Scotland is not responsible for incorrect details.