Funded by the Scottish Government
The Brexit Support Grant, funded by the Scottish Government, provides a minimum of £2,000 and a maximum of £4,000 to help small to medium-sized enterprises in Scotland manage a wide range of Brexit impacts.
Who can apply?
- VAT registered small to medium-sized enterprises* (SMEs) based in Scotland
- VAT exempt businesses who meet the SME criteria*
- One grant application per organisation
*Under 250 employees, and turnover less than 50 million Euros OR balance sheet less than 45 million Euros
What can the grant be used for?
The grant can be used to:
- Finance an activity that would otherwise not take place without the grant (and has not already started)
- Finance an activity with a start date after we receive your signed contract confirming you accept the terms of the approved grant
- Claim back costs of a project only if you can finance 100% of the project costs upfront
Here are the main types of activity the grant can be used for:
- Brexit impact scenario planning
- Additional professional services specifically in relation to Brexit issues, e.g. Legal and contractual issues, Modelling cashflow, Modelling impact of changing customs/tariffs/VAT, Strengthening financial and currency management
- Exploring supply chain issues and opportunities
- Reviewing and optimising transport or logistics arrangements
- Costs incurred in acquiring AEO (Authorised Economic Operator) status
- Human resource issues
- Training: Cost of (up to two employees) attending training courses relating to any of the above topics if your company is also undertaking complementary activity
- Air travel from Scotland to international markets to react to supplier and/or customer issues directly relating to Brexit (two employees per company, per visit, economy fares and flat rate of £50 per person per night for accommodation)
- Air travel within the UK if the company is in a remote location (e.g. the outlying Scottish islands) and/or if travel to the location of the eligible activity necessitates travel via a UK travel hub (two employees per company, per visit, economy fares and flat rate of £50 per night)
- Additional temporary storage facilities (e.g. rental or hire costs) to hold increased levels of materials, components and finished goods to mitigate logistics delays directly related to Brexit
How to apply
Many opportunities are uploaded by craft people, places, and organisations. Craft Scotland does not organise the opportunities and is not responsible for incorrect details. Any queries should be directed to the organiser.