This weekend course is for people who can't decide what they love more - jewellery or glass.
3 Nov - 4 Nov 2018
- 4 Elements. Jewellery and glass fusing weekend course. Edinburgh. Cutting glass
- 4 Elements. Jewellery and glass fusing weekend course. Edinburgh. Student piece
- 4 Elements. Jewellery and glass fusing weekend course. Working with silver
- 4 Elements. Jewellery and glas fusing weekend course. Metal inclusions
- 4 Elements. Jewellery and glas fusing weekend course. Edinburgh. Fire
Organised by:David Mola www.midasskillsschool.com
Tickets:Adult £ 150.00 Learn more
St.Margaret House, 151 London Rd
EH7 6AE Map Directions
|Mon||10:00am - 6:00pm|
|Tue||10:00am - 6:00pm|
|Wed||10:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thu||10:00am - 6:00pm|
|Fri||10:00am - 6:00pm|
This weekend course (two days) is designed for people with no or limited experience with glass or jewellery.
First day you will work with Glass maker David Mola to make glass elements using fusing and layering techniques. Your glass elements will be then fired overnight.
Second day you will learn basic jewellery skills with Mirka Janeckova and make wearable jewellery pieces which incorporate your glass works.
We will use the concept of 4 elements - Air, Water, Earth and Air as an inspiration for your pieces.
You will be asked to think about the properties and symbolic meaning of choose element (Earth, Water, Fire, Air) and use this inspiration to design and make wearable items.
At the end of this course you will have a set of beautiful glass jewellery (earrings, ring, pendant or brooch).
All tools and materials will be provided.
Event listings: Many craft events are uploaded by craft people, places, and organisations. Craft Scotland does not run the events and is not responsible for incorrect details.