Make your own hardwood side table with hand-cut joinery to take home and cherish.
1 Jun - 5 Jun 2022
Organised by:Isabelle Moore Design www.isabellemooredesign.com
Tickets:Adult £520 Learn more
Location:Unit 5 Albion Business Centre
EH7 5QZ Map Directions
In addition to the step-by-step guidance, you will receive to fabricate the table, you will be guided to learn:
- How to source and select quality tools for your toolbox,
- Sharpening and the maintenance of hand planes, paring chisels, and cutting edges,
- The considerations of grain direction and aesthetics in selecting components from stock,
- The process of accurately marking out joinery,
- Cutting and fitting both stopped and through mortice & tenons,
- Edge joining boards,
- Sanding, detailing and pre-finishing prior to gluing up,
- Gluing up and clamping techniques,
- Clean up and final assembly,
This course offers the hand tool skills needed to build confidence and understanding to work with timber, with a small class size for individual attention and sharing amongst the group. It covers the foundational knowledge and precision approach that underpins the craft of furniture-making, skills that can be applied to your future workshop projects.
These listings are uploaded by makers, places, organisations and the Craft Scotland team. In view of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Scotland, please check the organiser's website for the latest update on the event. Craft Scotland is not responsible for incorrect details.