Who are we looking for?
We are looking to work with a maker who currently works in contemporary craft and can take inspiration from National Museum of Scotland new Art and Design galleries to develop a series of workshops for vulnerable older adults.
If you have prior experience working with vulnerable community groups, good communication skills and a commitment to equality and diversity then please do apply.
Support in developing craft activities that are appropriate for target groups and taking into account their needs and abilities will be given. If you have any questions or would to discuss the project then please contact Craft Scotland's Outreach & Engagement Officer Tanwen Llewelyn.
You may be invited for a further meeting or phone conversation to discuss the project in more detail.
- Experience of delivering workshops for a variety of groups and participants
- An ability to work as part of a team and show individual initiative
- Knowledge of contemporary craft
- Knowledge of the issues that affect older people living with dementia, mental health or additional needs
- Flexibility and adaptability*
- A commitment to equality and diversity
- Experience of encouraging and supporting participants who lack confidence in their creative abilities.
Venue:National Museum of Scotland