Eligibility & Selection
Applications are invited from makers working across all craft disciplines: ceramics, wood, jewellery, glass, textiles, furniture, lighting, leather, basketry, bookbinding, millinery, mosaics and more. If you are unsure if you are eligible, please contact Jo Scott, Project Manager by email email@example.com.
This opportunity is suitable for a professional practising maker who has been in business for four years or more.
This programme is not designed for those who have just graduated, or those who have been in business for less than four years. The Next Generation programme of COMPASS is more suited to those individuals who have just started their practice and our Emerging Maker (link to programme) programme is suitable for craft businesses who have been in business for less than four years.
Selection criteria & process
Selection for COMPASS: Established Maker Programme will be based upon the following criteria:
- Makers should be a professional craftsperson. This will be evidence based on artist statement, CV and images provided
- Makers should be working in one or more of the accepted disciplines
- All work should be the design of the maker and made by the maker (or small-batch production under their direct supervision)
- All work must reflect excellence and the unique vision of its maker, be well-conceived and skilfully made
- Evidence a clear commitment to develop a sustainable creative and business practice
- Demonstrate a clear learning and development outcome
A panel will meet to review all applications and select the successful makers. All applicants will be notified regarding the outcome of their application within four weeks after the closing date for applications.