National Galleries of Scotland are looking for freelancers with a passion for creative play and experience of working with groups of children or young people.
Closing date: 7 Jul 2022
National Galleries of Scotland have opportunities for freelancers to work with all ages from 3-18 years, delivering sessions with early years groups, families or schools across their 3 sites* in Edinburgh, online and in schools across Scotland. Wherever you live, from the Borders to Orkney, they'd love to hear from you.
They welcome applicants with diverse backgrounds, including youth work, community engagement and life-long learning as well as artists, to join their Freelance Register. You will inspire, challenge and support children and young people to enjoy art and take ownership of their national art collection. You will facilitate learner-led adventures that help them think for themselves, experiment with art materials and find the words to explore their own ideas about art. You will challenge their assumptions about art and develop their creativity skills through problem-solving, curiosity, open-mindedness and imagination.
Your application must demonstrate skills and experience in the following areas:
- Willingness to experiment and let learners lead
- Awareness of design thinking / creative thinking processes
- Experience of delivering child-led creative activity for family, nursery, primary, secondary or SEN school groups
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Interest in and general knowledge of National Galleries Scotland collections
- Flexibility and willingness to collaborate
Please note that if you are accepted onto the register there will be no obligation for National Galleries Scotland to offer sessions, nor for you to accept sessions when offered. It is a requirement that you will cover costs for National Galleries Scotland to process a PVG Scheme Membership application or Scheme Update application. You should be registered self-employed and would be paid a sessional rate, (based on £300 per day).
To apply, please submit the following:
- a CV highlighting relevant experience
- contact details for two referees familiar with your practice
- confirmation of your availability between 14-22 July
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (Liz Conacher), or call 01316246547
These listings are uploaded by makers, places, organisations and the Craft Scotland team. In view of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Scotland, please check the organiser's website for the latest update on the opportunity. Craft Scotland is not responsible for incorrect details.