The Scottish Glass Society Travel Award and The Hamilton Taylor Award are both currently open for application.
Closing date: 15 May 2021
The Scottish Glass Society Travel Award assists students or recent graduates who have been working less than 5 years in glass, who wish to travel abroad to pursue their studies in glass art.
The Hamilton Taylor Award offers funding to artists who wish to attend a UK master class or other short glass courses in pursuit of their studies in glass art.
The Scottish Glass Society Travel Award and The Hamilton Taylor Award are both valued at £250.
Applicants do not need to be current members of the Scottish Glass Society but must become one if applying. You can join here. There is no set application form; the application should include a 500-word statement (max) about your project, 4 images of recent work (jpegs), and a current C.V.
For the SGS Travel Award please include the following information:
- What work is proposed
- Where you would like to go
- How will it benefit your artistic career?
- An idea of the costs
- Have you approached other sources of Funding?
For the Hamilton Taylor Award please include the following information in your statement:
- Which Masterclass do you want to attend?
- When and where?
- How will this benefit your artistic career?
- An idea of costs
- Have you approached other sources of funding?
The awards are given on the following conditions:
- The successful applicant will write a report on the travel/course, for publication on the SGS website and/or the Journal.
- The successful applicant will report on the results of the travel/class at the SGS Annual General Meeting.
- The award holder is to indicate the support of the SGS and Hamilton Taylor Studio in all reports, talks and correspondence covering the work for which the award was gained.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com or by post to Scottish Glass Society, Studio 10 at WASPS, 77 Hanson St, Glasgow G31 2HF.
Deadline for application 5pm, 15th May 2021.
Opportunities listings: many listings are uploaded by makers, places, organisations and the Craft Scotland team. Please note that due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), some listings may have changed, been postponed or cancelled. Always check the organiser's website. Craft Scotland is not responsible for incorrect details.