Textile tour with workshops, talks, visits and stories all about textile and fibre art & crafts on the Isle of Skye.
1 Oct - 9 Oct 2021
Organised by:Ute Amann-Seidel wildatartscotland.com
Tickets:Adult £2790 Learn more
The Old Mill
Portree and other locations
Isle of Skye
IV519dh Map Directions
This 9-day creative experience combines a series of workshops with local makers, talks and tours of textile studios, with exploring the island and learning about its history and heritage. Also included is a luxury boat trip to the nearby Isle of Raasay.
With its wealth of long established as well as new enterprises the Isle of Skye has grown into a textile destination buzzing with creativity.
This unique textile adventure includes:
- Full-day weaving workshop using hand-dyed wool/silk yarn at Skye Silks
- Half-day yarn dyeing workshop using local plants at Shilasdair Yarns
- Full day at Island at the Edge croft including introductory workshop to spinning and wool processing; full croft tour (meet the sheep!)
- Full day workshop at The Handspinner Having Fun – choose between felting and peg loom weaving
- Dorset Button making workshop with TJ Frog
- Luxury day tour by boat
& much more
These listings are uploaded by makers, places, organisations and the Craft Scotland team. In view of the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation in Scotland, when booking for an in-person event, please always check the tier level of the event's location. Check the organiser's website for the latest update on the event. Craft Scotland is not responsible for incorrect details.